- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour (optional to use part whole wheat flour.)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat together the butter and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, and then the vanilla. Beat, scraping the bowl, until thoroughly
- combined. On low speed, gradually add the flour mixture until just combined. Give the dough a final stir with a spatula or wooden spoon to make sure the flour is incorporated.
- Spread the dough evenly into the pan (It is going to be a thick batter so you may need greased spatula to help with this). Combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool completely before cutting. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Source: Brown Eyed Baker