Note: These are best when eaten soon after baking. More than a day or so and they tend to get soggy!
- 5 cups peeled, chopped peaches and plums (about 3 peaches and 3 plums depending on the size)
- 5 tsp. cornstarch
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine peaches, plums, corn starch, lemon juice, and spices into a medium sized bowl and toss to combine well. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine all crust ingredients in large bowl. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. (I always find it easiest to just get my hands dirty to mix in the butter well.) Reserve 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Spread filling over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely. (Or don't and burn your tongue like me :) )