- 2 cups butter- softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Using an electric mixer, mix the butter and brown sugar until creamy. Add 3 to 3 3/4 cups flour. Continue to beat with mixers until the dough just comes together.
- Sprinkle counter with the remaining flour. Knead for 5 minutes, adding enough flour to make a soft dough. Roll to 1/2 inch thickness. Using a pastry cutter or knife, cut dough into strips or rectangles. (mine were about 3 inches long and 1 1/2 inches thick.) Prick with fork and place on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle tops with sugar.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 15 minutes or until edges are slightly golden.