Hello! Today I am so happy to be Guest Posting over at my friend Siri’s blog Siriously Delicious. If you aren’t familiar- she is a funny and talented gal whose site I’ve loved reading for awhile. She just had a new baby, so she needed some blog-love while she’s adjusting to having two kids.
So pop on over to Siri’s site for the recipe to these easy and delicious homemade Vanilla Wafers! And- check back here on Friday for a delicious dessert that uses these yummy cookies. Can you guess what?
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk (or half and half)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Add the egg, vanilla, and milk and mix well. Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir well.
- Either scoop the dough into a large piping bag (or just a ziplock bag) and squeeze out rounds of dough. OR- just use a small scoop to portion 1inch rounds on a cookie sheet. Use your fingers to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the bottoms begin to turn golden brown. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool. Serve or store in an airtight container.