The fact that I’m a huge fan of the sweet & salty combo is no mystery. As I grow as a baker, I’m always looking for ways to sneak salty things into my baked goods. Last week was my second time trying bacon in a dessert, and don’t even get me started on my obsession with salted caramel.
It was only matter of time until I started adding potato chips and pretzels to my treats. Though I loved the compost cookies last year as part of Milk Bar Mondays, there were so many flavors going on (butterscotch, coffee grounds, graham cracker crumbs,) that I could barely taste my salty snacks. I wanted the crunch pretzels and potato chips to be the star of these cookies.
As a base, I used these monster cookies, which I have been dreaming to make again since last year. Crushed pretzels and potato chips replaced the M&Ms which resulted in a perfectly sweet, salty and chewy cookie. This cookie is full of peanut butter, and oatmeal and chocolate chips. Sweet & salty heaven!
- 1 stick butter (softened)
- 1 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 cups of creamy peanut butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 1/2 cups quick oatmeal
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup crushed crunchy potato chips
- Cream together the butter, sugars and peanut butter with an electric mixer until fluffy and creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla mix until just combined. Add the baking soda and mix.
- Fold in the oats and then the chocolate chips, pretzels and potato chips
- Using medium/large cookie scoop or spoon, place rounded balls of dough onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet and press down slightly. Bake for 11 - 12 minutes at 375 degrees.