Good Morning from the West Coast! I’ve been in LA this week and I think my body has finally adjusted to the time zone. I’ve really adapted to the laid back beachy vibe and haven’t wanted to pick up my computer once. Also- I started reading The Language of Flowers on the plane here and I wasn’t physically able to do anything else but read that until I finished. (Really great book if you like that kind of thing.)
But here I am- better late than never with a super easy, no-bake recipe that is perfect for summer cook-outs and parties. The ingredients can be thrown together in minutes, given a quick chill and would be ready for devouring soon after.
The base is a traditional rice krispie treat with graham crackers and chocolate chips mixed in. The top of the bars are coated with marshmallows that get nice and toasty- giving each bite a true S’mores- like taste. I love the simplicity of these for days when the oven just isn’t an option. I also don’t think many flavors remind me of happy summer get-togethers more than melty, toasty marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers! Have a great weekend!!
- 3 cups rice krispies
- 4 graham cracker sheets broken into bite-sized pieces
- 1 10 oz bag of mini marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the krispies, chocolate chips and graham cracker bits. Reserve 1 cup of the marshmallows. Set aside
- In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the remaining marshmallows and stir with the butter until thick and melty.
- Pour into the bowl with the krispies and use a buttered spatula to stir it all together. Press into an even layer in a buttered 8x8 pan.
- Top with reserved marshmallows. Either use a kitchen torch to toast the top OR stick the pan under the broiler for a few minutes. (Watch carefully.)
- Allow to cool in the fridge for about a half hour, then cut into bars and enjoy!